Do you need help with your tooth brushing skills? As a habit that you should be practicing at least twice daily, would you say that you are doing a wonderful job brushing your teeth? Although many people take extra care to brush their teeth immaculately, they fail to remember to take care of their brush as well. Here are few tricks to help you find and care for the perfect toothbrush:
– A good toothbrush has soft bristles and fits easily into between your teeth with a brush head that is small enough to easily fit in your mouth but large enough to reach all areas inside it.
– A toothbrush is no good if it has become contaminated, so be sure to keep your brush properly stored when not in use and replace it every 3-4 months.
– Older individuals or people who cannot efficiently brush their teeth and gums should look into an electric toothbrush to make brushing easier.
– Never share toothbrushes with other individuals, or cross-contaminate them against other toothbrushes.
– Look for a toothbrush that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance or has been approved or recommended by your dentist for regular use.
If you are looking to restore damaged teeth, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Richard Healy and our team at Richard Healy DDS. We can be reached by calling us at 805-928-3928 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Santa Maria, California. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.