Our caring team’s goal is to catch and treat developing problems sooner rather than later, so they are easier, less invasive, and less costly to remedy. When you come in for your dental cleaning and exam, you can look forward to the following:
- Oral cancer screening
- Dental X-rays as needed
- Tooth stain removal by polishing enamel
- Sticky plaque buildup and tartar removal
- Screening for tooth decay and gum disease
- Checking every tooth for chips, cracks, cavities
- Ensuring that your current tooth restorations are in good shape
- Evaluating your jaw and bite for abnormalities
- Scheduling to treat any current issues
- Reviewing your at-home care if needed and recommending helpful products
- Giving you answers to your questions and concerns
Why Biannual Dental Exams?
Cavities mean the following and should not be ignored:
- Tooth sensitivity when you eat or drink hot, cold, acidic, or sweet foods and beverages
- Pitting or a hole in a tooth
- Painful abscess around a tooth
As tooth enamel weakens, cavities can accelerate from infection, whether it is inside the tooth, at the tooth root, or in the jawbone. The problem is an infection that spreads to nearby teeth. A cracked or fractured tooth can worsen whenever you bite down or chew hard food, and if the tooth completely breaks, you will know it from the pain. Your routine dental exams allow us to spot these kinds of issues early and treat them before they turn painful or expensive!
Daily Oral Hygiene Between Dental Cleanings
Your best protection in between dental cleanings and exams is to brush twice a day, floss at least once daily, and use an antibacterial mouthwash to kill germs if you want to keep tooth decay and gum disease from gaining a foothold. Drink plenty of water every day, eat a balanced diet, and limit unhealthy drinks and foods as much as you can.
While we are seeing more problems with patients coming back after skipping dental cleanings this past year, know that we will never make you feel bad about missing your dental appointments! Our team can expertly clean your teeth and check for developing problems so we can fix them early. We will also go over your daily routine to make sure you have the best tools possible to fill in any gaps so you can get back on track to a healthier, happier smile! Call now to schedule a dental cleaning and exam for yourself or your family members!