If you suffer from bruxism, how would you tell? Bruxism is a sleeping ailment that often goes undetected, given the difficulty in spotting warning signs. How can you tell if you think you may suffer from bruxism? The key to understanding bruxism includes the following:
– If you are frequently feeling additional muscle soreness in your face or jaw, be sure to check with your dentist as it may be a sign of bruxism.
– Countless other oral health disorders, including sleep apnea, may increase your risk for bruxism.
– Bruxism is typically seen with individuals who have dull or flat teeth, muscle soreness in their jaw, various issues with their jaw locking up, and increased amounts of tooth sensitivity.
– Granted it is not guaranteed that you will get bruxism, but if already suffer from a jaw or pain disorder such as TMJ, you may be at an augmented risk for bruxism.
– If you have tender or sore gum tissue that appears chewed, you may have bruxism.
For any additional questions or concerns about bruxism, Richard Healy DDS is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Richard Healy and our team at our dentist office in Santa Maria, California, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 805-928-3928. Don’t let bruxism control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!