Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation. We will be reopening our office on June 1st, 2020.
• Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours (about 2 days) before your appointment to ask some COVID – 19 screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office in a special “Patient Screening” location which will be clearly marked outside our office. A member of our team will be stationed there to greet you and ask the screening questions.
• We have added air purifiers to each operatory, 2 HALO-LED Air Purification Systems (one for each HVAC unit), we fog (using Hydrochlorous Acid) that is sprayed in each operatory after each patient’s treatment is completed, sneeze guards to the front office and consult room, and are equipped with all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to care for our patients safely and effectively.
• Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
• We will ask you to text or call us when you arrive so that we may let you know when we are ready to see you at the screening area. We will only see one patient at a time in our screening area.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, and this is the means we must take to ensure everyone’s safety.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you enter the office after the screening is conducted. You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office, for you to use as needed. We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading material. We will further minimize paperwork in our office and conduct as much business as possible through our digital patient management system.
• We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this unique environment. We so look forward to reopening our doors, if you had an appointment that was canceled due to the pandemic, we will be in touch with you soon to reschedule your appointments. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our office at 805-928-3928.
Dr. Richard Healy and Staff